Friday, February 19, 2010

Best. Day. Ever.

I had an AMAZING day today. I got to start work at Nemo Cart (which I LOVE) which just started a list of awesome things.

1. Shortly after I started I was talking to a guest while he waited for his wife to go to the bathroom and also exchange a pair of flip flops. He asked where my college was located and I said Georgia. He talked about how when they were driving down from Virginia they loved how beautiful the snow in Georgia was. I told him that I was sad that I had missed it. About five minutes later he came up to me with his camera and scrolled through all the pictures he took of the Georgia snow so I could see them. :)

2. I like to hold Bruce. You know, from Finding Nemo? We have a talking one and he's my favorite way to Merchantain. A little boy came over with his dad and I asked him if he would say hello to Bruce because I had heard that Bruce could talk but I wasn't sure. He waved and said "Hi, Bruce." at which point I hit Bruce's fin so that he would say "G'day, mate. My name's Bruce." The boy was pretty excited and then proceeded to tell me his name and talk to me for a few minutes. I got to see him again after he got out of the show and when he saw me he smiled and waved. It was awesome. 

3. I smiled and said good morning to a cast member walking by to either go on break or get a new assignment. (I later found out his name is Walt. AWESOME.) He smiled, said good morning back, and kept walking. Later on as he was coming back out, when he walked by he slipped a piece of candy in my hand. :)

4. There's a steel drum/Caribbean sounding/awesome band that plays next to the Theater in the Wild (they're really fun and wonderful so you should try to see them sometime). They started playing and since I was already holding Bruce I decided I would dance with him. Well, Bruce is a great dancer and was twirling me and dipping me and all sorts of fun things. I looked up and a family was laughing and dancing as well. Another family was videoing me. Glad I'll be made fun of by them for years to come. :) But yeah. The good part of this one was A. that it was fun, B. that little kids kept joining in by dancing in the line for Nemo.

Lots of other great things happened today but those are my favorite. I was inside on register at Chester's for the rest of the day, so that wasn't quiiite as awesome but it was still fun. It was also relatively busy so my day went by very quickly. Tomorrow I work from 10:45-6:30 and then I'm driving HOME. Yay!!!!

Have a fun Friday night!

<3

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful day! And yay for a fellow Georgia native! The snow was beautiful, indeed. It was so nice of that guest to show you the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, that was so sweet with the snow pictures! It's so sad you missed the snow :( But who knows, maybe it's a sign of things to come with Georgia!

    I'll have to come by and visit you and Bruce sometime! Most of the time I wave to kids and get them to give me a high-five with these Buzz Lightyear gloves we have. It's so cute how excited little kids get when they see anything having to do with Buzz! And when little kids find out that Buzz is nearby...adorable!

    It sounds like you're having such an amazing time! What a cool job :)

    Have fun back home!! And have a safe trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome Katie!! I'm glad you're having such a great time!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww!! Your stories make me so excited to be a Merch cast member in the Fall.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a pretty awesome work location

    ReplyDelete